Do you want to start work at the Jewish cemetery, but don’t know how to do it?
In this short text we want to show how simple it is. We have listed a few simple steps that will allow you to carry out your work in accordance with current religious regulations and rules in force in Jewish cemeteries.
- Check the landlord. It’s a very simple thing – just go to our website www.cmentarzezydowskie.org, enter the name of the town where the cemetery is located, to check who owns that place.
- Contact the owner of the land where the Jewish cemetery is located. You don’t know how to do it? Write to us, we will help you with doing this. If you want to do it yourself – contact the owner and ask him for permission to the work!
- Check if the cemetery is entered in the register of monuments – you will also receive this information on the subpage of our website containing information about the cemetery. If the cemetery is in the register, then very complicated works, such as felling trees, will have to be preceded by an application for a permit to cut greenery in the cemetery. It is important!
- Write us – we will help you with the preparations, or we will share our experience or that of other Jewish Cemetery Guardians in carrying out this type of work. Information about the works planned by you will be published on the coalition’s website. Thanks to this, more people will learn about the planned works and their effect will be noticed!
- Invite your friends or members of your organization to take part in cleaning up your cemetery. Together, you will get more work done in less time. Write to us about it – we will help you prepare the promotion of the event.
- After obtaining the consent of the land owner and the conservator of monuments (if the cemetery is entered in the register of monuments), you can start your works. Remember about your safety and the safety of everyone who will participate in your volunteering activities.
- Remember to plan works according to the rules applicable at the Jewish cemetery. You don’t know what the rules are? See them on this subpage (click here).
- After your works, share your experience with us. Write to us and we will publish photos of your works and information about the success of your works!